Outdoor Classroom Creation Articles & Guides
Outdoor Classroom Activities, Lessons, & Content
- Things Your Kids Can Do Outside: The Harris Center for Conservation Education (NH) that highlights the benefits of outside time for mental and physical health — especially for kids and families. These are some ideas for activities that kids can do as a break from screen-based remote learning.
- Virtual Bird Banding: This is a combination of hands-on lessons and videos from Vermont Fish & Wildlife. Teachers should show the videos while reviewing the key messages. After all videos have been shown, conduct one or more of the activities. Several options are provided, and you can pick the best one based on your grade level and/or COVID-19 restrictions.
- The Cornell Lab of Ornithology K-12: From free curricula to all-inclusive kits, the Cornell Lab of Ornithology has a wide variety of lessons and activities to captivate learners of all grade levels. The Cornell Lab of Ornithology K-12 team engages educators around the nation to assist in content development that is user friendly, meets NGSS standards, and inspires students.
- Audubon from Home: During the pandemic, Audubon Vermont wrote several lessons and activities that can be completed at home or in your neighborhood.
- Project Learning Tree: Project Learning Tree is an award-winning environmental education program designed for teachers and other educators, parents, and community leaders working with youth from preschool through grade 12. You'll find activity ideas, educator tips, forest literacy, and downloadable resources.
- Project Wild: Project WILD's mission is to provide wildlife-based conservation and environmental education that fosters responsible actions toward wildlife and related natural resources. All curriculum materials are backed by sound educational practices and theory, and represent the work of many professionals within the fields of education and natural resource management from across the country.
- Project Wet: Envisioning a world in which action-oriented education enables everyone to understand and value water, ensuring a sustainable future. Our publications, training workshops, global network and community events are grounded in the following core beliefs: 1) Water connects us all, 2) Water is for all water users, 3) Water must be managed sustainably, and 4) Water depends on personal responsibility and action.
Subscribe To Emails
sign up to receive news, webinars, and membership information